Best boy and girl - 2014
All the staff and student leaders exercised a surprise secret ballot to vote for best boy and girl for the academic year 2014.
All the staff (38) and student leaders (68) voted based on:
i) Overall character
ii) Academic performance
iii) Games & Sports
iv) Cultural activities
v) Literary activities
vi) Leadership roles
The conditions were:
1) can be from grade IX through XII
2) name a boy and a girl only with class mentioned
3) no over-writing (will not be counted)
4) can choose not to vote
5) do not discuss with any body
6) student leaders voted in library coordinated by the Principal and Lop. Dawa Tshering (VP), while VPs Lop. Choki Wangchuk and Ms. Kuenga Wangmo coordinated staffs.
7) highest combined vote will be declared best student - a boy and a girl.
8) If tie, it will be broken based on documents.
After the voting, it was counted with a tally by Principal, 3 VPs and two student representatives, Vice Councillors, Sangay Dorji, XI A and Sonam Choden, XI A.
Following is the result:
1. Namgay Dorji, XII A - 61 votes
2. Kunzang Jurmey, XII A - 11 votes
3. Mangal Dosh, X B - 4 votes
1. Dechen Pem, XII B - 58 votes
2. Dechen Choden, XII C - 15 votes
3. Thinley Zam, XII A - 3 votes
There were 34 different names with 1 - 2 votes. Three ballots were empty.
Namgay Dorji, XII A and Dechen Pem, XII B are declared best student boy and girl for the year 2014.
DHSS receives award
Drukgyel HSS is once again awarded with a certificate of commendation for being one of the top ten schools in overall performance for the year 2013 at the higher secondary level. Principal expressed his heartfelt happiness and gratitude to all the students and staff during the morning assembly today. He said that there wasn't any secret behind our success but was fully the joint effort and hard work of all the students and the staffs.
Deputy Councillors election
On 17/09/2014, Drukgyel Higher Secondary School conducted election for deputy councillors for both boys and girls through secret ballot. All the students, teachers and staff members voted for their candidate using electronic voting machine. The results are expected to be announce on 18/09/2014.